Jam 2008-10-06 at Carroll’s

Kevin strung out by his bass 10-6-2008

Kevin strung out by his bass 10-6-2008

It’s a Monday night jam which tends to be our least favorite of day of the week to play but even an undesirable Moday is better than noday so Monday it is.  It seems like Bayside Al will be playing the lead role for the early portion of the night but it may be core four thereafter.

I ended up shooting about 3 minutes of video and below is a bit of it.  Not much to see unless you are one of the ones to be seen.  So look if you must but don’t expect much.  Nevertheless, youtube makes looking at worthless stuff pleasure so take a look.

While it is fairly nice outisde, the chill to the air tells us the summer is over for sure and the winter is not far behind.  Never-the-matter, I’m still wearing shorts and I am sure ther air conditioning will be cranked.  I’m gonna bring the camera and the video so I hopefully be able to get some shot and footage posted.

Rich is passionate about something

Rich is passionate about something

So I got to Carroll’s pretty early, lucky to get a spot since there was a show at Teminal 51, and Kevin was at the computer by the soda machine looking up tabs for some Metal-Talica song.  For the most part we aren’t metal heads or Talicas so it never materialized.  What eventually materialized were Rich and Scott followed by Al D.and JB, they have a lot of initials at the Ludlow camp.  The Ludlow campers were only available to 11:00 and somehow the starswere aligned and Jason showed as they were packing up their gear.  We were able to get 5 to 6 songs with Jason before the midnight hour came upon us. Scott Bayer was there for a few songs and we did play over the cell phone to Carol.

JBs eyes match his guitar.

JBs eyes match his guitar.

I think we played well and had a lot a good moments with Al and JB.  We made it through a Cats Down Under the Stars pretty well and JB snag a Balland of a Thiun Man where I was able to pull off one of the better leads of my life, thanks to my effects rack and setting 151.  When Jason showed up around 11:00 it gave us a bit more energy than we would typically have during the last hour of the night.  That carried us throught 5 or six good songs including a Terraping, Saturday Night and a few others.

Rich, liver from Hells Kitchen

Rich, live from Hells Kitchen

Al and his SG

Al and his SG

Als Effect Board

Als Effect Board

Inside the world of Kevin's bag.

Inside the world of Kevin

Advertisements

13 Comments (+add yours?)

1. KEVIN
    Oct 08, 2008 @ 01:52:02

That’s Al’s Mustang. Wrong mammal.

2. deadstein
    Oct 08, 2008 @ 06:05:18

Is there a Jaguar of some type of instrument?

3. jb
    Oct 08, 2008 @ 07:53:54

jaguar is a fender model….and thanks for the jam on tuesday. good fun.

4. jb
    Oct 08, 2008 @ 07:54:22

i mean monday

5. KEVIN
    Oct 08, 2008 @ 16:35:51

There is a Fender Jaguar, that just isn’t it.

6. scott
    Oct 09, 2008 @ 18:16:38

PR) Grateful Dead founding members Phil Lesh and Bob Weir will make a rare in-store appearance and signing to celebrate the historic release of Rocking The Cradle: Egypt 1978.
    The 2-CD/1-DVD Egypt collection features previously unreleased audio and video highlights from the band’s legendary performances at the foot of The Great Pyramid in Gizah. The set will be released on September 30 from Grateful Dead Productions and Rhino.

Lesh and Weir will be signing copies of the release at the Best Buy in midtown Manhattan at 5th Avenue and East 44th Street on October 14 starting at 7:00 PM. The first 400 people to purchase Rocking The Cradle at this Best Buy location on Tuesday, September 30th will receive a wristband entitling them access to meet Lesh and Weir on October 14. Please contact the store for more details at (212) 808-0309.

7. deadstein
    Oct 09, 2008 @ 19:13:51

So is the Gizah DVD now out and has anyone seen it? I’ve got to get that thing.

8. scott
    Oct 09, 2008 @ 22:11:29

Oh Yes, and it is amazing quality audio & video. You can check it out on Sunday if you come in for our bike ride along the Hudson.

9. tommy banjo
    Oct 10, 2008 @ 22:45:16

howarya,
    all the best to my deadstein friends.
    I hope all is well.
    Rock on!

10. scott
    Oct 13, 2008 @ 04:16:20

hey tommy banjo’

what do you think of the new improved site?
    best to u & the family.

11. tommy banjo
    Oct 15, 2008 @ 21:42:28

I like it a great deal, but it took me a while to find you boys. When you first come to deadstein.com, you get the old site, but I was looking for something dead related, and hit “links”…at that time, it became easy to find you all.
    Right back atcha on the well-wishes.
    Play a Sailor>St for meeeeeeeeeeee

12. tommy banjo
    Oct 16, 2008 @ 18:49:06

I like the site, but it took me a while to find it. I was looking for a GD link, and found my way here. All in all, it is excellent. I did post this yesterday, but I do not know why it didn’t go through…
    Right back atcha w/r/t family. I hope everyone is grate!
    Play a Sailor>St for meeeeeeeeeeeee.

13. tommy banjo
    Oct 16, 2008 @ 18:50:25

Wow! That’s something. I didn’t see my old post, until I saw the new one! Sorry for the dreaded triple post!
    Rock on Deadstein!!