Song Book – I’ve been working on the the Deadstein songbook for what seems like my entire adult life. It contains most of the Grateful Dead and Jerry Garcia repertoire so I’ve been calling it the Jerry Garcia Song Book, and it is now in about it’s 5th addition in print. Print versions are archived here online in our Deadstein blog.
For access to the songbook’s individual song PDF’s in an online database, go to the Deadstein’s website at:
In addition to the PDFs from the songbook, there is an ever expanding list of other band’s songs charted out which are not related directly to Jerry Garcia. Additionally, provided are links to Youtube videos of the various songs as well as musics lessons when they can be located. Finally there is:
- a Filtered Song Randomizer used to help bands select songs during a set (best used on the iPhone. Whip it out during a jam and stop the band’s arguments); and,
- a Quick Access Page to get you to the songs quickly during a jam (best used on an iPad and easier than flipping through a giant PDF of songs)
Jerry Garcia Song Book V.8 – released February 5, 2012
- PDF – Print Version including Supplement Packet v.2 and section tabs
- PDF – Print Version – page breaks and section tabs - (Word)
On December 5, 2009 I did major work on the previous version of the song book and had several copies printed for band members for use during the jam. It has made a difference in the jam. Click here if you want to read about the release of this printed version of the book. It was a major hard-copy release.
In addition to the Deadstein play book above, I occasionally will put together some songs we don’t do and thrash them out. These songs are contained in the Deadstein supplemental packet linked below. There are lots of Beatles songs here, Pink Floyd, Who and several others.
- Deadstein Packet 3 with Tabs 2013-01-01 - This is the non-Grateful Dead, JGB, etc. packet of songs we really don’t play. – PDF Format.